Personal: Other Services
ATM/Debit Cards (Savings Accounts Only)
- Access to your available account balance 24 hours a day
- Everyday ability to make deposits (Carolina Bank ATMs at bank premises only)
- Inquire about account balances and transfer funds
- Debit MasterCard
- Conveniences of an ATM plus purchase power at any MasterCard merchant worldwide
- Purchases are electronically deducted from your checking account, with no interest or additional charges
Fraud Prevention Service for Your MasterCard Debit Card
Carolina Bank’s fraud prevention service, also known as Fraud Center, is an intelligent risk management system that monitors, detects and prevents on-going ATM and debit card fraud. Fraud Center monitors your ATM and debit card transactions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If any potential fraud is detected, a temporary block will be placed on your card and you will be contacted immediately. The temporary block will remain on your card until contact has been made and transactions have been verified.
How will you be contacted?
1. When potential fraud is detected, you will immediately receive an automatic email notification from Carolina Bank to verify the suspect transactions with the option to reply with “FRAUD” or “NO FRAUD”.
2. One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert with the option to respond “YES” if valid transaction or “NO” to confirm fraud. Texts will come from 32874. *Texts are sent free to end user.
3. If there is no response to the email or text alerts, you will then receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. The automated call will also give you the option of speaking with a fraud analyst. *Fraud Center phone calls will only go out between 8am and 9pm EST.
The Fraud Center number is 1-800-417-4592. Add this number to your phone contacts and label “Fraud Center”. This will then display when you receive a call from this number.
*If you choose to opt out of any form of communication from the Fraud Center please know that the only time your local office of Carolina Bank will be able to assist you with your card will be during normal business hours. Carolina Bank’s Fraud Center is able to communicate via email and text 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Fraud Center messages will never ask for your personal identification number (PIN), card number, 3 digit security code on the back of your card or account number. IF YOU EVER RECEIVE A CALL REQUESTING YOUR CARD AND/OR PERSONAL INFORMATION, HANG UP.
*If you have enrolled in smsGuardian, you will continue to receive text alerts for: Card Not Present Transactions, Out of State Transactions and International Transactions. Fraud Center and smsGuardian work independently of each other so it is possible to receive a text from both referencing the same transaction.
smsGuardian - protecting your Carolina Bank MasterCard debit card 24/7!
Sign up for smsGuardian and receive text alert messages regarding specified transactions on your debit card. If you believe the transaction to be fraudulent simply respond with the given code to block your card from any further fraudulent use. You don’t need to do anything if the transaction is legitimate.
smsGuardian will send you a text notification if one of the following transactions occur:
- Out of State Transactions
- Card Not Present Transactions (i.e., Authorizations by Phone or Online)
- International Transactions
Here is a sample of a text message you might receive:
Click here for more information or to enroll.
Imagine owning a credit card that rewards you with travel, cash, gift certificates, or merchandise! Now Carolina Bank offers a card that can do just that. Choose from our Visa© Platinum Card, Cash Rewards American Express© Card, Visa© Real Rewards Card or Premier Rewards American Express© Card. Whichever you choose, you’ll find a card that will add value to your buying experience along with the convenience of making one monthly payment.
Choosing the right credit card is easier than ever. No matter which card you choose, you'll enjoy important features like:
- EMV smart chip technology for added security
- Mobile purchasing capability for added convenience
- Plus much more!
Through its partnership with Elan Financial Services, Carolina Bank is able to offer these exciting cards with valuable benefits to its customers. Pick the best rewards card for you! or Apply Now
For existing credit card customers, click here to access your account.