Safety Steps to Prepare for Winter
Time changes and cold weather always create more need for caution. It gets dark earlier and the icy road conditions make for rough travels. Since we care so such much for our customers well-being, we've created these lists of suggestions to avoid incidents and injury. We want to encourage each of our customers to review these items carefully and prepare themselves now.
Late Night Transactions & Dark Areas
Please follow these few suggestions when making transactions after our regular operating hours:
- Stay aware of your surrounding areas throughout your entire transaction.
- Do not approach ATMs, night drops, or exterior doors that are not sufficiently lit.
- When at our drive-up ATMs, please keep your car doors locked and engine running, with your card in hand.
- Please get to a secure area before counting cash or putting away receipts or cards.
- Keep your cellphones on you to report suspicious activity or to dial the police.
- In the event of an altercation with an aggressor, please comply. Don't risk getting hurt.
Behind the Wheel Tips & Car Maintenance
Please follow these few suggestions before and during icy driving conditions:
- Know the conditions of your tires, battery, and emergency kits (with jumper cables) before the winter weather.
- Keep your cellphone and battery backups fully charged in case of an accident.
- Always keep at least half a tank of gas in your car at all times.
- If your car is to break down, please move over as far as possible and turn on your hazard lights immediately.
- Drive slow and cautiously, as black ice may cause your car to slide without warning.